Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Children's Math Book Review: 100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days

Several months ago, I received a review copy of Bruce Goldstone's book, 100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days. Having read a lot of "100 Days" books, I doubted that there could be "anything new under the sun."

I was WRONG.

I LOVE this book. It's totally unlike anything I've ever seen for 100th day celebrations. In his usual, stunning photographs, Goldstone celebrates 100 with a single verb and 100 on each page, with suggestions to do something...  For instance:

"Brush 100" with photos of:
*100 toothbrushes and a suggestion to brush teeth 100 strokes in the morning
* 100 brushes and idea to brush hair 100 times at night.

"Lick 100" with photo of:
*lollipop and suggestion to lick one 100 times and see what's left

"List 100" with photo of
*book page listing 100 places, with suggestion to make your own list of 100 things: foods, animals, names, places, etc.

"Print 100" with photo of
*100 fingerprints and idea to turn them into bugs, birds, animals (shown)

"Seek 100" with photo of
*100 numbers photographed at various places with suggestion to find your own 100 numbers on a scavenger hunt.

My favorite page?

"Speak 100" with picture of "hello" written in 100 languages with pronunciations.

The photos are bright, beautiful...as I've said of Goldstein's books before (here and here), they are "I Spy" on steroids. The visuals ROCK!

Disclaimer: I received a review copy which I LOVE!!!  THANK YOU!! If you order from Amazon, all commissions go toward foster care through Grace and Hope at no additional cost to you. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. This really makes sense, I am waiting for this book and book reviews are also good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips