Thursday, March 22, 2012

One is a Snail Ten is a Crab

If you're feeling a little sluggish about teaching odd and even numbers, consider using the book One is a Snail Ten is a Crab. It's a "counting by feet" book in which even numbers are counted using creatures with even numbers of feet: humans, dogs, insects, spiders, etc...  Odd numbers are counted with an even-footed creature, plus a snail. So...

1 is a snail.
2 is a person.
3 is a person and a snail.
4 is a dog.
5 is a dog and a snail. Etc.

The book continues in that fashion up to 10. After that, the text starts counting by 10s using a variety of animal feet.

P.S. Yes, that is my foot. It's the price for making this a "pin-able" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips